Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

Umbrella

Kia ora welcome back to my blog. This week we watched a short film then we had to write about the short film and I will be showing you my story 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My story

Umbrella


Early one rainy evening, the door to Miss Elens’s Home For Children had swung open. The girl with the lemon yellow umbrella, reluctantly stumbled into the orphanage before finding a home for her umbrella. Not wanting to be spotted, Boris quickly ducked his head around the door frame so that he was hidden from view.  Standing off to the side the girl silently observed the glorious scene as the children dug in the box for hidden treasures. The girl happily grinned as she watched the young boy who was zooming across the room like a bolt of lighting. Her smile vanished immediately as she looked back at the umbrella stand and all she saw was a line of puddles. Her beloved umbrella was stolen.


_____________________________________________________________________________________



The short film I was watching was about empathy do you know what empathy is?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Sean!
    Boston here. I think this blog is awesome, and you added a lot of detail. But I saw you spelt Miss Elems name as Miss Elen, so you might need to change that. Otherwise, this is great!
    From Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean, this is a very nice piece of writing. When reading this I was able to visualise what it was that you were saying! I really like the simile that you included. My only question for you is, who stole the umbrella?!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post